Sunday 13 December 2015

Challenge 25 Inspiration and winners

Good morning folks, we've got lots of inspiration lined up for our 'Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes' Challenge but if your visiting to add your link just click here to go straight to the linky.

 Before we have a look at the awesome artwork our lovely DT have been busy creating though its time to announce the winner and Top 3 from our last challenge as we always have some fabby crafty goodies lined up for one lucky entrant thanks to our generous sponsors Premium Craft Brands!

Premium Art Brands

The lucky winner from challenge 24 has been chosen by random.org and this time around the goodies go to

Congratulations Carol!! Email us (details in sidebar) quoting your winners code which is PPWK24001 along with your snail mail details and your prize will soon be winging its way to you!#

As always we had some stunning entries, you're all sooooooo talented so it was a difficult decisio
n but Top 3 honours go to

Congratulations ladies, we were blown away by your beautiful projects!

As usual our DT have been busy this week, let's check out what they've been up to. We're also welcoming a very talented new teamie this week, give the lovely Katie a very warm welcome and if you have a min, pop over to her blog and check out her gorgeous artwork!

Nikky...Be gone, printed colouring books, you are a one-hit wonder! This is my favourite image from Florabunda, and I part coloured this with my adorable PanPastels of course!  I sent this image off to a Professional printer online and for a mere £12 (about $18?) I had this printed super huge at A2 Poster size which is 23.4 x 16.5" big - MASSIVE!
The Sofftt tools are truly amazing and you really MUST use them with your pastels - nothing else lays down the pigment in the same way - this looks really accomplished in the colouring but really all I did was sweep the colours on with the sponges and it kinda just happened on it's own! See more about this on my blog...

I have a journal page to share using Pan Pastels to create a background.
I used Phthalo Green and Turquoise on the background i then used a couple of stencil masks with Phthalo Blue to create the pattern.


I coloured the fairy in using a mixture of markers and Phthalo Green pastels. i sealed everything in using a gel medium. I used an alphabet stamp set to create the wording.




Lou: I decided to alter a frame I have had kicking around for ages. I covered the back piece with paper and then began building up the sides.


Next using raw umber and yellow ochre pan pastels, plus a little touch of yellow green, I covered the card sides. I set this with a mixture of water and gel medium. When dry, I used a stencil and irridescent paste to go over my base layer; which adds a real tectural feel to the frame. Once this was dry, I used fine white pearl on the top to add extra irridesence.


All my elements were also coloured with pan pastels in complimentary shades.


Products and links: 




Wow beautiful projects girls!!

Don't forget you still have a week to enter our Anything Creative Mixed Media Challenge,

We'll be back next week with another challenge and lots more inspiration, hope to see you then!!




3 comments:

  1. I am so pleased you liked my abstract canvas! Congratulations to the winner and fellow Top 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for choosing my card as a winner and congrat to the other ladies
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for choosing my canvas ov Top 3!
    Irena

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!